ATTENTION PARTICIPANTS - COVID-19 RACETRACK PROCEDURES
Please note the following procedures are a requirement of GRNSW and GWIC so that the conduct of race meetings can continue during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On arrival at Track
• Security/attendant has a list of trainers at the gate.
• Security/attendant record a ledger for each greyhound entering the track and who brings the greyhounds through the gate.
• Security/attendant once all greyhounds are through for kennelling to lock the gate and provide the list to stewards who will verify at race time.
• Security/attendant to let trainers out on departure no one to enter the track until at least 10 minutes after the last race for trials.
• All Stewards, kennel staff and vets to wash their hands and use hand sanitiser between each greyhound or wear gloves.
• Avoid touching your face at all times.
• Vet check (outside where practicable).
• ID (outside where practicable).
• Weigh in (outside where practicable).
• A designated club official will be responsible for taking the greyhound from the trainer/handler and presenting the greyhound to the vet/steward. As far as practicable the club official will keep 1.5m from the vet/steward. This official should not be within a vulnerable category, as specified by NSW Health.
• The trainer must be 2 metres away at all times witnessing this process.
• The greyhound will be returned to the trainer/handler, keeping 1.5m distance.
• Kennel allocated at race bay – new computerised ‘No Contact’ system.
• Greyhound placed in kennel.
• Trainer exits through back door.
• Greyhound trainers to wait 2 metres apart in kennelling walkway.
• Attendant calls kennel numbers furthest away to closest (like new boxing system).
• Trainer move directly to outdoor yard.
• Trainer to place rug on greyhound. Gloves to be worn by person providing rugs.
• ID takes place in yard, ID Stewards to approach greyhound from the front and maintain 1.5m distance, trainer to keep leash slack to allow distance.
• Those who do not require a stir to move inside.
• Trainers informed four (4) lines will be used to place greyhounds in the boxes.
• Starter calls the greyhounds one by one to move to the track keeping each trainer 2 metres – 4 metres apart.
• Starter moves all greyhounds to the back of the boxes one by one and in most cases to be moved through the exit gate to ensure space.
• Starter calls the trainers two (2) at a time for greyhounds to be placed in boxes until all are boxed and the green light is on.
Boxing Greyhounds to Race
• Greyhounds are boxed in the following order:
* Box 1 and 5 together
* Box 3 and 7 together
* Box 2 and 6 together
* Box 4 and 8 together
• Trainers/handlers are to remain 1.5m from each other at all times.
• Catching pen distance of 1.5m to be strictly maintained at all times, no ID in catching pen.
• Trainers remove rug upon exit at the track where an attendant who has gloves takes the rugs to be immediately placed in washer / dryer.
• Trainers wash greyhound keeping a 2 metre distance from each other, club attendant to monitor.
• If requested by a trainer, permission may be granted to leave the track after their greyhound has raced but waiting for at least 10 minutes for greyhounds to recover from race.
• If going back into the kennel, trainers place greyhounds / remove greyhounds from kennel block with an attendant to monitor and ensuring a strict minimum 1.5m distance.
• Designated club official to undertake decontamination of kennels and surrounding areas after each race.