Government Flood Assistance
GRNSW wishes to advise that the Federal Government has implemented two financial assistance packages which you may be eligible for if you and/or your property have been affected by the floods which started in July 2022. Details of the two packages are below:
NSW Floods July 2022 – Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
- Lump sum of $1,000 per adult and $400 for each child younger than 16 to help people seriously affected by the NSW floods in July 2022.
- Claims can now be made (as of Thursday 7 July 2022 from 2PM) for eligible people living in the following Local Government Areas (LGAs):
- Blue Mountains
- Canterbury Bankstown
- Central Coast
- Georges River
- Northern Beaches
- The Hills
Assistance has been extended to the LGAs of:
- Mid Coast
- Port Stephens
For more information on eligibility and/or to apply please click on the following link: New South Wales Floods, July 2022 - Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment - Services Australia
New South Wales Floods, July 2022 - Disaster Recovery Allowance
- The Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) is a short-term payment to help you if the disaster directly affects your income.
- You can get it for a maximum of 13 weeks. The Government will pay this from the date you started losing income as a direct result of the New South Wales Floods starting on 27 June 2022.
To get this allowance the following criteria must be met:
- were 16 or older at the time of the floods
- are an Australian resident or hold an eligible visa
- work or live in an affected Local Government Area (LGA)
- lost income as a direct result of the storms and floods
- earn less than the average Australian weekly income ($1,737.10 per week) in the weeks after you had this income loss.
For more information on eligibility and/or to apply please click on the following link: New South Wales Floods, July 2022 - Disaster Recovery Allowance - Services Australia
If you require any assistance or have any questions regarding the above information please don’t hesitate to contact Wade McInerney (Regional Engagement Officer at GRNSW) – 0459871181 – firstname.lastname@example.org