STATEMENT FROM GRNSW AND GWIC ON COVID-19
Based upon advice and information from NSW Health in relation to the need to minimise risk of infection spread through human contact, further consideration has been made to further restrict access to greyhound racetracks in NSW.
Attendance to race meetings will only be provided to essential personnel. This is restricted to the following:
- GWIC stewards and veterinarians and GRNSW officials
- Trainers with greyhounds engaged at the race meeting
- Attendants responsible for catching greyhounds engaged at the race meetings
- Club race officials and club management performing official duties
- Track maintenance workers
- Medical professionals and emergency services that are requested to attend
- Broadcast service providers
Non-essential personnel will not be permitted to enter any racetrack premises.
Previously, bookmakers were permitted to attend racetracks. Given recent government advice GWIC has taken the decision to prevent bookmakers from attending any racetrack. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause however given the quickly evolving nature of information relating to COVID-19 this decision was considered necessary at this time.
Essential personnel subject to government imposed self-isolation or suspected of suffering from symptoms of COVID-19 or who appear unwell or who have been in close contact with a person suspected or suffering from COVID-19 will not be permitted access to any racetrack.